The Great Big Thank You Awards: Nominations flooding in for unsung heroes
Nominations are already flooding into our Great Big Thank You Awards 2017.
Dozens of people have put pen to paper or nominated their loved ones online for a variety of different awards.
There are several different categories of award on offer for people looking to reward someone they know with the recognition they deserve.
Finalists will be invited to a glittering ceremony on January 18 next year at Molineux.
Celebrities from across the region will attend the ceremony and help to present the prestigious awards to the deserving winners.
Awards up for grabs include:
- The Ambassador of the Year award sponsored by The Grand Theatre
- This award will go to a person who has done the most to promote their Black Country and Staffordshire roots within their chosen charity, team or hobby.
- Community Champion(s) award - sponsored by NatWest
- The award will go to someone who has served or inspired others or performed in an exceptional way, giving something back to their community to help it to flourish.
- The Fresh Start award sponsored by whg
- Whatever life has thrown at this individual, they will not only have survived but now be making a contribution to their community.
- Fundraiser of the Year award sponsored by HomeServe
- There are often personal reasons why individuals of all ages put effort into raising money for a good cause. This award is not about the amount raised but the commitment involved.
- The Learner award sponsored by University of Wolverhampton
- Someone who has overcome obstacles and moved their life forward, an achiever who has learned new skills and developed their knowledge in their chosen field.
- Teacher of the Year award sponsored by City of Wolverhampton Council
- A teacher who inspires their pupils, encourages them to enjoy learning and does whatever they can to help them achieve their potential.
- Volunteer of the Year award sponsored by the Express & Star
- This award will go to an individual who regularly puts others before themselves and is generous with their time to support an individual or group.
- Young Star award sponsored by Signal 107
- This award celebrates the young person, aged 16 or under, who has gone above and beyond in achieving their goals in the past 12 months.
To find out more or to nominate someone special, visit www.starthankyou.expressandstar.co.uk
Nominations close 12 noon on Monday, August 21, 2017.
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.