Advertising

Woman led to safety after cooker fire at home

By Andrew Turton | Bilston | News | Published:

A woman has been led to safety after a kitchen fire in Bilston.

Bucker's Hill Lane. Picture: Google

Firefighters believe clothes were left on a cooker hob which was turned on accidentally.

The blaze started at the house, in Bucker's Hill Lane, in the Lunt area, at around 10.30am today.

West Midlands Fire Service said crews arrived at semi-detached home within four minutes.

Three fire engines and a total of 15 firefighters were sent.

The kitchen sustained fire damage while half of the ground and first floor were affected by heat and smoke.

West Midlands Fire Service said the woman was suffering from the effects of smoke.

She was checked over at the scene by West Midlands Ambulance Service before being taken to hospital.

Andrew Turton

By Andrew Turton
Digital Journalist

Digital journalist based at the Express & Star's head office in Wolverhampton. Interested in breaking news and social media. Get in touch on Twitter @aturton_star or andrew.turton@expressandstar.co.uk

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News