Engineer 'suffers electric shock' at Halfords store
An engineer carrying out maintenance work at a Halfords store has suffered a suspected electric shock.
The worker, a man in his 50s, went into cardiac arrest at the shop, in Foregate Street, Stafford
Police and paramedics were called to the scene just after 9.30am on Thursday.
One ambulance and a paramedic officer attended.
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Crews arrived to discover one patient, a man, in a serious condition.
“Following treatment at the scene, the man was transported to Royal Stoke University Hospital in a stable condition for further assessment.”
A Staffordshire Police spokeswoman added: "A man in his 50s was in cardiac arrest and he was taken to hospital.
"His condition is not thought to be life threatening or changing."
A Halfords spokeswoman said: "We can confirm the emergency services were called to our Stafford store after an engineer carrying out maintenance work was involved in an incident.
"We are hugely grateful to the emergency services for their assistance. The store remains closed whilst a full investigation takes place.”
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.