Advertising

Man suffers burns in house fire near Cannock

By Luke Bartlett | Cannock Chase | News | Published:

A man suffered burns after a serious fire at a house near Cannock.

The victim was taken to hospital for further treatment after the blaze today.

It is thought a mattress caught fire at the home in in Chase Walk, Huntington.

Emergency services arrived at the house at around 7am.

The damage caused in the blaze where a man was injured. Picture: Staffordshire Fire Service

Firefighters from Cannock, Penkridge and Stafford station found a mattress on fire in the bedroom of the house.

Four people were checked over at the scene.

A 27-year-old man was taken to New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton with minor burns.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said staffs were also concerned about him inhaled some soot.

The blaze left the top windows at the home blackened by smoke and one of them smashed.

Luke Bartlett

By Luke Bartlett
Trainee Reporter - @lbartlett_star

Trainee Express & Star reporter covering Dudley and Sandwell. Get in touch on 01902 319445 or via luke.bartlett@expressandstar.co.uk.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News