More travellers arrive at Dudley car park
A part of Dudley that has had travellers camping on it for more than two weeks has seen more caravans arrive overnight.
Several caravans, cars and vans arrived at the car park on Flood Street, near the town centre, at the end of July after a barrier was removed to give them entry to the site.
Around half of them had left by August 8, but several remained on a neighbouring car park, where more joined in the early hours of Monday morning.
The Flood Street car park is now empty, with the caravans parked over the road on Constitution Hill, off New Mill Street.
Residents have said that at around 1am this morning five caravans arrived to join the travellers already on the site, taking the total caravans to around 11.
Locals have complained about loud music coming from the site in the early hours of the morning and dogs barking and making a mess.
The council had previously stated that they were "in discussion" with the travellers about a date they would move on.
The local authority has been contacted for comment.
It comes after the council admitted to approaching 100 different landowners in the borough about securing a temporary travellers' site.
Dudley Council leader, Councillor Patrick Harley, said: “We have instructed bailiffs to inforce the order of possession held against the land in question and we anticipate this should take place within the next 48 hours.
"This does really highlight the need for good partnership working around this issue and the need for a temporary travellers site to be located as soon as possible.”
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.