Advertising

Three children rescued by firefighters after Wolverhampton house blaze

By Marion Brennan | Bushbury | News | Published:

A couple and their children were rescued from an upstairs window after a blaze broke out at their home.

West Midlands Fire Service crews attended

Firefighters used ladders to help the family out of the first-floor bedroom window where they were trapped by smoke.

The blaze erupted at the three-storey house in Fallings Park, Wolverhampton, just after 1am today.

Crews converged on the mid-terraced property in Milton Road within minutes of receiving the 999 emergency call at 1.13am.

They rescued a man, woman and three children from the upstairs room using an extension ladder. All five were checked over at the scene but did not require hospital treatment, said a West Midlands Fire spokesman.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the burning building to tackle the flames. They left the scene just after 3am after using ventilation equipment to disperse the fumes.

In a tweet from the incident, they said: "Crews from @FallingsPark and @Wton_fire have attended a house fire in Fallings Park. The call was handled in 20 seconds and crews were in attendance 2 mins 30 secs later. Due to this rapid response crews were able to rescue 2 adults and 3 children from a 1st floor window. #RTB"

Marion Brennan

By Marion Brennan
@Marion_EStar

News and features reporter, specialising in human interest and local history stories.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News