The Saturday Sessions; themed craft, food & heritage experiences at The Hive
The Saturday Sessions run on the second Saturday of each month. Join us for craft workshops, heritage exploration, freshly-prepared food and entertainment; devised around a different monthly theme.
Free entry to exhibitions. Adult craft & creative workshops, evening dining & entertainment are pre-bookable ticketed experiences.
Saturday 12 January highlights:
- Taste Bee9 honey from hives at The Custard Factory, with our freshly-baked bread, and learn about urban bee keeping
- Free tapestry bee stitching workshop with Tina Francis in The Maker's Studio. Add yours into our next community exhibition.
- Meet the Makers delivering some of our Saturday Sessions' adult craft experiences later in the year. See what you can make.
- Wine tasting experience with Connolly's, the JQ's own wine merchants. Advance booking required. £18/head.
- Evening dining - The Hive's tapas menu - Flavours crafted for big tastes and lots of different food to try
- Short film selection before and after dinner to get the conversations started and to relax after a delicious meal.
The Hive at New Standard Works is located on the ground floor of a recently restored historic factory in Vittoria Street in the Jewellery Quarter. The Hive is full of creativity, enterprise & heritage; the grade II listed building's industrial past is reflected within its Café & Bakery, Makers' Studios and Exhibition Spaces.
Add your own events
More from Shropshire Star